We last met on Oct 21st, Illya Williams presented “DotNetNuke - Developing Custom Modules”, which was a follow up to our meeting in August, where Illya gave an overview of DotNetNuke to the group.
We had 12 people attend. I want to say thank you very much to Vision Solutions for bringing in sandwiches and drinks for everyone to enjoy! We all thank you! As always, if your company would like to sponser the food at one of our upcoming meetings, please contact me.
Thanks to Microsoft, INETA, Culminis, and SAMS Publishing for providing our group with some great give away merchandise.
Here are some of the highlights of the presentation:
- Lots of module development demos and walkthroughs!
- The DotNetNuke starter kit is a download that adds templates for DotNetNuke into Visual Studio to assist you in developing custom modules, it is freely available to download
- Demo of xmod (which was pretty cool)
- Dnndev.com (that is the author of xmod’s website)
- Xmod has a great help file J (this is a little joke, because Illya really loves the help file for xmod, and it is actually pretty impressive)
It’s hard to believe that the holiday season is already upon us, but it indeed is. We still have a couple more meetings before next year. Hope to see you soon.
5:30-7:30PM [SharePoint, presented by Rob Wilson]
5:30-7:30PM [Holiday Party?]
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
Bart A. Robinsonhttp://www.evansvillednug.org